The building was erected in 1929. It holds 750 parishioners, and has a main hall, which was mainly, entitled “Marie Manoogian” Hall, the name of the benefactor. Also, the building has smaller hall on the second floor, which was renovated by the contribution of Karibyan family, and so called “Karibyan Hall’, adjoined with offices, where in September, 1970, the first Armenian daily school, A.G.B.U. Armen – Quebec Alex Manoogian School of Montreal was established. The Altar of the Church with its Armenian version was constructed, by benefactor Mr. Krikor Mazmanian, from Boston. The altar’s architectural design was made by Architect Zaven Baykar, also from Boston. The official consecration of the Church held on December 6, 1970 by the Patriarch of Istanbul, His Eminence Archbishop Shenork Kaloustyan, by the participation of His Eminence Archbishop Torkom Manoukian, Primate of all Armenians in America, and his Grace Bishop Vatche Hobvsepian. The Church renamed St. Gregory the Illuminator.